Discover and discuss the manliest content on the Web
OK, I was originally going to ask what five albums you would choose if you were deserted on an island (with a working stereo of course) but then I realized that I could not narrow my list down that far. So instead, I thought I would just ask for any albums you consider to be a favorite.
I consider a “favorite” to be an album that has influenced your life and/or taste in music significantly. It is something that you never tire of listening to. You know, one of those that perks your ears up as soon as you hear the first note.
I am anxious to see input from others in hopes of learning about something I have not yet heard. I will start a separate discussion to ask what people are currently listening to. You know, something that might become a favorite one day.
Here are a few of mine in no particular order (except the first one). Feel free to add your own all at once or as they come to mind.
- Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon (this is hands down my favorite album of all time)
- The Beatles – Revolver
- Miles Davis – Kind of Blue
- David Bowie – Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
- Metallica – Ride the Lightning
- The Clash – London Calling
- Willie Nelson – Red Headed Stranger
- The Band – Self-Titled (also known as the brown album)
- Iron Maiden – Killers
- Bob Marley – Legend
- R.E.M. - Reckoning
- Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers
- Paul Simon – Graceland
- Queen – A Night at the Opera